Using a custom cover background image with a bold design makes a big difference to the overall look and feel of your hub.
Remember: You must have at least moderator permissions to access the design menu.
These topics will give you everything you need to know about your cover background image:
- Changing Your Cover Background Image
- Additional Customization Options
- Cover Background Image Best Practices
- Navigate to the hub you want to modify.
- Click the Settings button.
- Click Design on the navigation panel.
- Click the Upload button or the Image graphic under the Cover Image section.
- Click the Save button.
The recommended image size for a cover background image is 1680px x 480px (JPG).
If you find that the text doesn't stand out against the background or that the image is fading into a incompatible color, continue experimenting with the a color scheme using the design menu.
The Cover section of the design menu gives you options to alter the
- Tint Color,
- Tint Opacity,
- Background Color,
- Text Color, and
- Accent Color.
Here are some do's and don'ts to consider when selecting your cover’s creative:
- Choose a cover image that is vibrant and high resolution.
- Choose a cover image that is horizontally oriented… think landscape.
- Choose an image that has a center focal point.
- Be creative with your messaging! Think about a hashtag or tagline that best describes your content and will connect with your audience.
- Think about how the image respond to different device screen sizes.
- Take advantage of the cover! Use it thoughtfully!
- Choose a cover image that has text or too many faces on it (these may compete with your logo and messaging).
- Choose an image or messaging that is licensed (unless it’s licensed to you!)
Need help looking for a suitable cover background image?
Try using this site to find beautiful stock photos. Remember to make sure to check the terms and conditions before using the photo for any purposes. Some things to look for include the need to provide attribution, royalties, or other fees to the original poster of the photo.